- Overview. This Policy governs your use of the Sites and describes, among other things: (1) what information is collected from you; (2) your options regarding the collection, used, distribution and storage of your information; and (3) how your information is protected; and (4) what types of security precautions are in place to protect against loss, misuse, or alteration of your information.
- Changes to this Policy. Intead reviews its privacy practices from time to time and this Policy is subject to change. Any changes to the Policy are automatically effective when they are posted on the Sites. The current applicable Policy date will always be posted at the top of this Policy page. Please bookmark and/or periodically visit this Policy page to ensure that you understand the current Policy provisions.
- Information We Collect About You and Why. In order for end users to take advantage of the application services offered on this Sites, users are asked to provide both non-personally identifiable and personally identifiable information (“PII”) as more fully discussed below. Intead does not collect PII unless you Opt-In to provide this information on the Sites. Intead subscribers Opt-In and create a username and password and enter information into personal pages on the Sites using various forms.
When you create an account, use the Services, respond to surveys, request services or information, or contact us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Account information: When you register to use the Service with an email address, we collect your full name, company or organization name, email address and password you create. When signing up for a Subscription, Intead will also collect credit card information and use a third-party intermediary to manage credit card processing. This intermediary is not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on Intead’s behalf. Intead DOES NOT maintain any credit card or financial information.
- Contacting us: When you contact us or inquire about the Services, request customer service or technical support, or request other information, we may collect your name, email address, phone number or mailing address.
- Surveys: We may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information.
- Posting on the Site: Intead offers a community forum in which you may post information on a publicly accessible site. If post information on the community forum, it will be publicly accessible.
- Automatic Data Collection: most web sites and mobile applications gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. Intead gathers this information including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data, mobile device identifiers, and advertising identifiers. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personal information.
Your choices about use and discloser of your information: We have created ways to provide you with control over our collection and use of your personal information.
If you would like to manage, change, limit or delete your personal information or you no longer want to receive any email, postal mail, or telephone contact from us in the future, please let us know of your preference by contacting us with your exact name and email address by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may send us an email stating your request or unsubscribe by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the email’s footer. After you do so, we will remove your personal information from our mailing lists per your instructions.
Subscribers also have the option of logging into the Website and adjusting their user preferences through their account profiles by either removing their profiles or requesting to be removed from any method of contact.
- Opt-In to Provide Personally Identifiable Information. Online applications and forms included on your password protected personal pages ask for PII including contact information such as name, email address, mailing address and phone number, financial information such as credit card number and demographic information such as ZIP code. PII which is required as part of the application process will be identified in the indicated fields.
- Access to Personally Identifiable Information. You may access your PII and may modify information previously provided by relaying changes or modifications to Intead by emailing us at email@example.com. Requests to remove your PII from the Sites will be fulfilled within three (3) business days and an email confirming such removal will be sent to you.
- Your Personal Pages and Password. Your password protected personal pages may be accessed by you. As the service provider, Intead always has access to your personal pages and PII and does not require permission from you to access these on the Sites. While Intead maintains the security of your personal pages on the Sites, it does not monitor these pages and you are exclusively responsible for the secrecy of your password. If you lose or misplace your password to an unwanted third party you must notify Intead immediately so a new password may be created and your personal pages remain secure.
- How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Provide and Maintain our Services and our Websites: Intead and its affiliates and third-party business partners use information voluntarily submitted by members and other users of our Websites in the following ways:
- to present and improve web content and functionality;
- to respond to visitor and subscriber inquiries;
- to determine user/member interests, needs, and preferences;
- to provide notice of changes to our Website or the Services we offer or provide though it;
- to accept employment application or event registration information submitted by you;
- to deliver the Services to you, including, but not limited to, providing you with access to publications such as our blog, emailed reports and other information;
- to develop new products and services;
- to fulfill and bill orders and process donations and credit card payments, as well as manage the data associated with those purposes;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose to which you have consented.
Use: Intead may use PII to contact you (by email, phone, and/or mail): (1) if there are concerns regarding your use of the Sites; (2) to provide information about our services, such as new features on the Sites, education-related updates and/or about “special offers” from our partners. Simply send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not wish to receive optional communications.
Disclosure: Intead may disclose an end user’s PII and other information to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who is, or suspected of: (1) violating this Policy or our Terms of Service Agreement; (2) violating any applicable international or United States law; (3) causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Intead’s rights or property, other users of the Sites, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. Intead may also disclose or access end user PII and all content provided by an end user on these Sites in accordance with any legal requirements, government requests, subpoenas, laws, rules or regulations.
Length of Data Storage: We retain the personal information that we collect from and about you for as long as it is needed to provide access to the Website or to manage your account. We take reasonable steps to delete the personal information we collect if your registration to use our Website lapses and you opt out of receiving further communications from us, or if you ask us to delete your information. We may, however, retain and use personal information as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements, and we may retain and use anonymous and aggregated information for performance reporting, benchmarking and analytic purposes and for product and service improvement.
- Intead’s Uses of the Information We Collect: We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information for a variety of business purposes, including:
To Provide Services or Information Requested by Clients. Intead may use Personal Information to provide the Service, fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services.
- Administrative Purpose: Intead may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in Intead’s Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify individual identity;
- Send email to the email address a user provides to us to verify your Account and for informational and operational purposes, such as Account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process transactions and payment for products or services purchased;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Terms.
- Marketing: Intead Products and Services to Clients. Intead may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Research and Development: Intead may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services.
- Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use: Intead may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access Intead’s Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information are used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and Intead may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Intead and with Third Parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
- Sharing Content with Colleagues: Intead’s Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, Intead allows you to provide information about your colleagues through our referral services, such as “Share with a colleague.” Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a colleague, such as an email inviting your colleague to use our Services. Email addresses that you may provide for a colleague will be used to send your colleague the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by Intead or any other Third Parties for any other purpose.
- Third Parties, Vendors, and Service Providers: We may share Personal Information we receive with vendors and service providers only as necessary to provide the Services to us. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Site. Intead has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners: Intead may share Personal Information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. Intead may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with Intead. Intead requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which Intead provided them.
Occasionally, Intead may share personal information with our marketing and research partners. In this instance, you will be given the option to opt into the research study or other marketing activities with full disclosure regarding the use and distribution of your personal information.
In some instances, research projects may collect sensitive information (i.e. racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs). This will require your affirmative consent (opt-in) for submission to third parties or use other than the purpose for which it was originally collected. We will not use or share this information without your affirmative content.
You may choose to withdraw your consent, edit, or remove your personal information at any time. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out, erase or edit your information.
Research partners with whom we may share personal information for research and marketing purposes:
- Displaying to Other Users: If you post content to the community forums, it may be displayed publicly on the Site.
- User Testimonials: We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Other Uses: Intead may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons: A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. Pixel tags allow us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement
- Behavioral Advertising/Re-Targeting: We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
- Log Files. We gather certain non PII information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, operate the Sites, track end user activity on the Sites and to gather demographic information about our end user base as a whole.
- Links to Other Sites. Please be advised that when you link to a third party website from our Sites the information practices of third party websites are not covered by this Policy. Intead does not endorse, represent or guarantee the activities of such third party web sites. Please review third party web site privacy policies prior to sharing any information on those websites.
- Message Boards/Chat Rooms and PII. You may subscribe to participate on message boards or chat rooms on the Sites. With your subscription request, you will create a username and password so that you may participate in these services without being personally identified to others. While Intead takes precautions to protect your PII, please be aware that if you use the Sites to post on our blogs, forums, message boards, or chat rooms, some PII may be seen by other members or users. This includes, but is not limited to, the poster’s name, date of post, comments, IP address, survey responses, and other information. This information may also be transferred to outside entities, including the press or other media. Intead is not responsible for the PII that you provide in connection with these additional services. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and rules regarding online conduct. Specifically, but not as a limitation, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding transmission of technical and personal data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
- Your Right to Access & Change your Personal Data: You have the right to access and change your personal data at any time.
We are also able to export the full record of your contact data in our system in an accessible digital format. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your full contact record.
- Limit Use & Disclosure of Your Personal Data: You have the right at any time, and for any reason, to limit use and disclosure of your personal data.
- Your Choice to Opt-Out: You may choose, at any time and for any reason, to opt-out of any use of your personal information. This includes (i) sharing your information with a third party (ii) any use other than for which the information was collected. You may request a full report on the information we have about you, request to be entirely erased from our database, or simply opt-out of one or more uses of your data.
To opt-out, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
- Affirmative Opt-In for Sensitive Information: Sensitive information (i.e. racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership) may be collected solely for research purposes and will require your affirmative consent (opt-in) for submission to third parties or use other than the purpose for which it was originally collected. We will not use or share this information without your affirmative content.
- No Use of Sites by Children. We do not knowingly accept personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under 13 please do not use the Sites. If we discover a minor under thirteen (13) has submitted information to the Sites, we will delete this information as soon as possible. If you live in a country that requires minors under eighteen (18) years of age to obtain parental consent prior to providing PII on this Sites, you are responsible to acquire parental consent prior to using the Sites.
- Transferability of Information. Information collected in accordance with this Policy is stored and processed within the United States of America. By using our Sites, you consent to any transfer of PII and other information outside of your country, should we find it necessary in order to provide our services. Intead reserves the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from Site visitors, or that we otherwise collect concerning or in connection with the Sites, to a third party if we sell or transfer our assets or any portion of our business. The new company may handle such information in accordance with its own policies and procedures and not in accordance with this Policy.
- Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect PII during transmission and once we receive it. Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States and other countries. We use procedural and mechanical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure to protect your privacy, including encryption. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect our end users’ PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Sites, you can send email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
©2018 Intead. All Rights Reserved.